Welcome Note 2019-2020

Welcome to Ms. Merslich's Classroom!



My name is Kelly Merslich (pronounced: mers-lit-ch) and I am so excited to be your teacher this year!

I am from West Olympia and love living in this area. I grew up in West Olympia and graduated from Capital High School back in 2005. I moved around a lot after high school trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and discovered I love teaching after moving to Korea to teach English back in 2011! I quickly moved back to Olympia and enrolled at PLU in their Master's in Education program. I haven't looked back since.

I was able to teach in Shanghai, China in an international school before coming to teach at Peter G. Schmidt. I love the students, families, and staff at PGS!

I have one son named Mercer, who is turning THREE in mid-September. When I'm not doing things with him, you might find me hiking, cooking, reading, watching food shows, or spending time with friends and family. 

Some of my favorite things include dark chocolate, sparkling water, and bargain hunting at Goodwill  :) 

I'm looking forward to working with you this year!

-Kelly Merslich


Comments